>> To RENEW your MSRPA Membership Sign in
Why should I join the State Association?
The NATIONAL Rifle Association sponsors and sanctions National
Competitions, and defends your rights in Washington, DC.
The STATE Association sponsors and sanctions local competitions
in Maryland, and defends your rights in Maryland
How the MSRPA works for You
For more than 50 years, the Maryland State Rifle & Pistol
Association has been the Official NRA State Association -
chartered by the NRA to sanction all firearms competitions
in the State of Maryland.
- MSRPA organizes and conducts state championship matches
in all shooting disciplines
- MSRPA sponsors the official Maryland State Rifle Team
and the Maryland State Pistol Team, helping to send them
to the National Championships at Camp Perry each year
- MSRPA develops, promotes, funds and maintains active
and ongoing Junior Programs in hunting, competitive shooting,
and Olympic Training Camps.
- MSRPA promotes the establishment of safe shooting ranges
and hunting lands.
- MSRPA promotes hunting and emphasizes safety and
- MSRPA is fully affiliated with the Director of
Civilian Marksmanship and the National Board for the
Promotion of Rifle Practice. Marksmanship clinics and
training are provided to both seniors and juniors.
- The Association trains interested persons in
marksmanship and the safe handling and efficient use of
firearms through its affiliated clubs and by means of
special state-wide programs
- MSRPA offers hunter safety courses required before a
person can purchase a hunting license in Maryland -
several times each year in each county.
- Basic shooting skills and safe gun handling are taught
How the MSRPA fights for Your Rights
MSRPA organizes and maintains a state-wide network of
contacts with legislators and other public officials, both to
keep such individuals informed about the interests of the
shooting community and to oppose any legislation adversely
affecting or limiting our interests.
- MSRPA maintains a presence in Annapolis tracking
legislation, communicating with legislators, testifying
at hearings, organizing and participating in rallies,
and representing the views of you, the law-abiding
- MSRPA members are kept informed of happenings in
Annapolis via our newsletter, the DownRange. Published
at least four times a year, it contains vital and lively
information regarding pending and implemented legislation;
gun shows; opinion; DCM match competitions; litigation updates,
shooting ranges and range news; match results; humor;
sweepstakes, and a variety of provocative information of
concern to every Maryland gun owner.
- As part of our service to members, MSRPA maintains a
site on the Internet featuring late-breaking news,
updates, and items of interest.